Technology has put the world at your fingertips — and that’s just where your money will be too with mobile banking. Access any of your accounts right from your mobile device, anytime of day or night.
So the next time you’re across town and need to pay a bill, you don’t have to worry where the nearest Alden State Bank branch is — it’ll be right in your pocket. Download our free app today!
- Fast, free, and secure service for customers enrolled in online banking¹
- Available to personal and business customers
- Easily keep track of your finances — even on the go:
- View account balances
- View check & deposit images
- Review history (up to 15 days)
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Receive alerts (Text Banking)
- Pay bills
- Send money to anyone with Zelle®
- Locate a nearby fee-free ATM
- Available via any web-enabled cell phone or device
- Utilize this service three convenient ways:
- Save valuable time and effort; avoid an extra trip to a branch
- Transfer funds to external accounts with External Transfer.
- Utilize Notifi for real-time alerting and notifications.
Not enrolled in online banking? In order to use mobile banking, you must already be enrolled in online banking. If you are not enrolled in online banking, please visit our online banking enrollment page here: Online Banking Enrollment.
Getting started with mobile banking is easy! Simply follow the instruction below to download the app to your smartphone.
The downloadable application is for Apple and Android smartphone devices & Apple and Android tablet devices. The downloadable application will not work on a non-smart phone.
To use the Mobile Banking downloadable application, your mobile or tablet device must have an operating system that supports application downloads and may require a data service plan. You download the Mobile Banking application using the links below or the links sent by SMS text message during the enrollment process.
Here are basic instructions on downloading and getting started with our mobile banking app.
1. Make sure you're enrolled in online banking.
2. Download the Alden State Bank Mobile Banking app:
Or on your device, open Apple iTunes App Store or Google Play and search for Alden State Bank Mobile Banking
3. Use your Online Banking user name, password and current challenge question answers to login to the app
4. You're all set!
If you do not have a smart phone, there are two other options available:
Get full and extended mobile banking capabilities on your web-enabled device. Receive an optimal banking experience with a look and feel that is similar to PC-based online banking, in a site designed to fit neatly into your device's screen.
To use the mobile browser service, your mobile device must have an Internet browser and may require a data service plan. You access the Mobile Banking website using the link sent by SMS text message during the enrollment process.
Send text commands to your bank from your SMS-enabled phone to inquire about basic account balance and transaction history information. Receive text message responses directly to your phone. Our short code will be texted to you after you have enrolled in the service. See the steps below to learn more about texting commands and use.
To use the SMS text messaging service, your mobile device must send and receive text messages to and from a short code. Most mobile devices are capable of sending and receiving text messages, so your phone is most likely compatible with Mobile Banking. Please note that some mobile service carriers charge for outgoing text messages or for each message sent and received.
*To enroll in Mobile Browser and Text Banking Services or to change your current services, login to Online Banking and click on Helpful Links, then Options. Within the Options page you will see Mobile Banking Profile, click either Mobile Enrollment or Manage Device(s).
** If you enrolled from the downloadable application, you will not be able to enroll in the Mobile Browser and Text Banking services.
Here are steps for using the mobile banking text messaging service to view account balances, view transaction history and locate ATM and branch locations using keywords.
View Account Balances
1. Send "B", "BAL", "BALANCE" or "BALANCES" to the short code received after activating the mobile device.
2. A text message is returned displaying the balances for the accounts enrolled in mobile banking.
View Transaction History
1. Send "STMT", "TRAN" or "HIST" plus the nickname for the account (e.g., HIST Free Checking) to the short code received after activating the mobile device.
2. A text message is returned displaying the transaction history for the account.
3. Reply to the transaction history text with the word "NEXT" or "MORE" to view the next group of transactions.
4. A text message is returned displaying the transaction history for the next group of transactions.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 to view the next group of transactions.
Locate ATM Locations
1. Send "ATM" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the ATM (e.g., ATM 20123) to the short code received after activating the mobile device.
2. A text message is returned displaying the ATM location(s) for the institution.
Locate Branch Locations
1. Send "BRANCH" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the branch (e.g., BRANCH Silver Spring, MD) to the short code received after activating the mobile device.
2. A text message is returned displaying the branch location(s) for the institution.
Locate ATM and Branch Locations
1. Send "BOTH" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the branch (e.g., BOTH Silver Spring, MD) to the short code received after activating the mobile device.
2. A text message is returned displaying both the ATM and branch location(s) for the institution.
1. Send "HELP" or "HLP" to the short code received after activating the mobile device.
2. A text message is returned displaying a list of acceptable keywords.
Is mobile banking Secure?
Mobile banking employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts.
Mobile banking offers the following security safeguards:
- Authentication – Application and Mobile browser customers are authenticated for every interaction with any Mobile Money component. Customers are authenticated by username and password or by utilizing existing login credentials for single sign-on.
- Encryption - 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions within mobile banking and between mobile banking and other Fiserv solutions (e.g., core banking and payment systems).
- Fraud - Mobile banking incorporates mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Availability/Resilience - Mobile banking is protected against malicious attacks through software and server hardening measures.
- Audit Ability - Mobile banking provides full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting. Intrusion detection technologies enhance the audit ability of mobile services.
Is my personal or financial information stored on my phone?
No. Mobile banking does not save any files with personal or financial information on your mobile device. That information stays strictly within online banking. Some phones (e.g., BlackBerry, Android) have logo and branding files that are copied to the mobile device. Those files do not contain any personally identifiable information.
Which accounts can I access using mobile banking?
You can access any account you have set up in online banking. You select which accounts you want to access using mobile banking during the enrollment process.
How current is the account and transaction information?
When you view your account balance, you see the current available balance. When you view transaction history, you see the most recently posted transactions. Pending transactions also display.
Can I add more than one mobile phone?
Yes. You can enroll several mobile devices for mobile banking. To add a new phone, complete the Mobile Banking Enrollment section.
What if my phone number changes?
If your mobile phone number changes, simply update your mobile phone number in mobile banking. To update the mobile phone number, complete the How To Change a Phone Number section.
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, no one can access your account without knowing your password and, in some cases, your unique user name. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, you can deactivate your phone in mobile banking. To deactivate your mobile device, complete the How To Deactivate or Stop Using a Mobile Device section.
How do I stop using mobile banking on my phone?
To stop using mobile banking on your mobile device, complete the How To Deactivate or Stop Using a Mobile Device section.
Which phones can I use for mobile banking?
Hundreds of models are supported including these major brands: iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Pantech, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sony Ericsson. Phones on a number of different operating systems are supported including, but not limited, to Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux, Palm webOS, and Maemo.
Which mobile service carriers support mobile banking?
Mobile banking works on all major mobile service carriers in the U.S.: AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile®, U.S. Cellular® and Verizon Wireless. Mobile banking also works on a number of the smaller service carriers, including, but not limited to, Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless, Metro PCS, Pioneer Cellular, Union Wireless and Virgin Mobile USA.
I have a prepaid plan, can I use mobile banking?
Mobile banking works with most prepaid plans, but we cannot guarantee that your carrier supports standard U.S. short codes. T-Mobile prepaid does not support short codes.
- Deposit checks anytime, anywhere from your mobile phone*
- Free service for customers with an Alden State Bank checking account
- Save time, avoid unnecessary trips to a branch
- Deposit your check in just a few quick clicks:
- Select the checking account into which you want to make the deposit
- Take a picture of the front and back of your check, following the on-screen instructions (make sure you sign and endorse it “For Mobile Deposit Only”)
- Enter the check amount
- Verify that everything on the screen is correct
- Submit the image for bank review and processing
Want to learn more? Check out our Mobile Deposit Tips.
*Certain restrictions apply; see our Mobile Deposit User Agreement.
¹Your wireless carrier may charge fees for web access and/or text messages.